As per the Company's Policy
- Required Education : Bachelor
- Expected Faculty : Agriculture
The Senior Project Officer - Livelihood will manage the project in Palata Rural Municipality of the Kalikot district ensuring compliance with organizational, funding partners and government’s policies. The role will be responsible for managing the project and monitoring the performance of staffs, ensuring that project staffs have access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. Along with this, the incumbent requires to integrate with other sectors and cross cutting themes to yield broader impact more effectively and efficiently.
Job Responsibilities :
- Manage project and monitor performance of project team in implementation of project ensuring projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and development of mitigation measures
- With guidance from Project Coordinator and Program Coordinator (Kathmandu base) ensure appropriate analysis and project results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of project design and implementation
- Establish the relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local and district levels in alignment with project strategy/plan
- Ensure Planning Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality
- Supervise and mentor Facilitators so that they can perform their duties effectively
- Support project coordinator in oversee interventions to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Develop training curriculum and train Facilitators on the activities objectives, implementation process, and expected outcomes
- Regularly review-monitoring data to ensure programme implementation activities and participants’
- progress are on track and report the progress.
- Situation Analysis of Local Producers and Market Opportunities
- Ensuring formation of Producer Groups and conduct training and to build capacity with support from
- Social Mobilizers and JTA.
- Network and Liase with Local and district level likeminded organizations and business groEnsures good recording and documentation for project baseline, appraisal of impacts, relevant networks and contacts
- Responsible to ensure Coaching and Mentoring to producersFacilitate to seek orders from potential buyers and research on potential challenges to meeting buyers requirements and identify practical solutions
- Conduct regular field visit and ensure the quality activities conducted.
- Prepare the detail report of every activity and result based reporting, data based recording and update workbook, prepare quarterly, half yearly and completion reports and submit to supervisor as per agreed deadline and with good quality
- Develop the case stories (success and failure) and identify the risks of program during implementation and its mitigation measures
- Understand qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and design tools for the data collection
- Identify gaps, challenges, lesson learned and shared with supervisor through reports and as and when necessary
- Uphold professional safeguarding behaviour and maintain the standards required by the Child
- Safeguarding Policy, Child Safeguarding Commitment and Code of Conduct
- Incorporate and oversee Child safeguarding consideration, risk assessment and mitigation (as appropriate to the programme/project) at every step of the program cycle, from designing a project, to implementing it and monitoring and evaluating it.Contribute to awareness raising and continuous improvement activity to ensure children are not exposed to the risk of maltreatment by its representatives during field and monitoring visits.
- Sound knowledge on market and market system and business development
- Knowledge on policies priorities, needs and issues (focused on value chain/ business development) related to local economic development
- Knowledge and skills on Business planning
- Knowledge and experience on local value chain development process
- Skills on participatory Value Chain Analysis with Producers
- Project implementation planning and implementation skills
- Reporting (preparation and sharing) skills
- Lead in effective governance, child and adult safe organization compliances and are practiced well
- Sound knowledge on monitoring tools and methods
- Skills to incorporate the findings/feedback into programming
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
The ideal candidate should have very good skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting in English and Nepali. Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and candidate should have pro-active, innovative, willingness and committed to stay and travel in the remote areas to work with poor and vulnerable communities. The candidates must demonstrate excellent leadership, team management, result based management skills with proven experience of working in participatory community development approaches.
How to apply for this post ?
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should send their Application Letter and KIRDARC Job Applicant form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th April 2021 before 5:00 PM. The CV/Resume is not required to submit but the prescribed KIRDARC Job Application Form is mandatorily required to apply for the position.
Preference will be given to disadvantaged groups (Women and Dalit) and local resident in the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.
Note: This position is contingent upon project award and funding
This job has been viewed 45 times.